Who did not dream of becoming a police officer, soldier, firefighter or lifeguard when they were children? Perhaps everyone apart from those who chose the career of an astronaut or a dustman. The desire to protect the lives of people or their property lives in us all from an early age. Surely, you also sense that security is currently perhaps the most mentioned concept on the entire planet. The new era calls for new heroes: Chuck Norris simply cannot solve everything.
This is why society is looking for professionals who will know what the right behaviour in crisis situations is. If you decide to study this discipline, you will learn everything necessary.
What courses can you look forward to?
- Risk analysis
- Basics of toxicology
- Psychology of crisis situations
- Protection of persons and property
- Protection against weapons of mass destruction
- Liquidation of consequences of accidents and disasters
- Fire protection
- Integrated Emergency System
- Crisis management and the security system of the Czech Republic
- Professional internship
- Health, hygiene and anti-epidemic people protection
- Applied computing
Where can you find employment after graduating?
- Units of the Integrated Emergency System (Police of the Czech Republic, Fire Rescue Service, Emergency Medical Service, the Army of the Czech Republic, and other)
- Crisis management bodies on he level of municipalities with extended powers, regions or bodies with nationwide powers
- Security departments of technological complexes and industrial businesses
- Departments of crisis readiness in hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Security agencies
- Other private sector businesses
Form of study: full-time and part-time