Environmental risk management
A programme tailored to fit all who are interested in broader dependencies among individual components of the world around us. Are you interested how firms and companies burden the environment by their activities. And conversely, how can everything around us influence our daily life in both positive and negative ways. Would you like to finally know the truth about global warming? Will there be enough potable water in the world? And what to do with waste in order to spare money or actually generate profits?
A field of study that solves much more than just the environmental issues and whose instruction is “user-friendly”. You will travel abroad for field practical training and you will learn global trends of development. You will learn what “e numbers” really stand for and what the qualities of some of the food really are. Apart from that, you will learn to work with geographical information systems without which our society could not function. You will model the danger of a natural disaster in real environment of the place you live in and you will learn how people act in crisis situations and how to help them. All of the above builds on knowledge of law, physics and chemistry, biology and management. In addition, why not study a field that has been reaching the highest success rates in Europe in terms of graduate employment in the last 15 years?
What courses can you look forward to?
- Communication skills
- Modelling of emergency situations and monitoring
- Environmental toxicology
- Geographical information systems
- Management of old ecological burdens
- Sources of risk in chemical industry and nuclear power engineering
- Food security
- Basics of physical geography
- Environmental law and protection systems
- Recent raw materials and their specifics
- Environmental management within the context of socio-economic development
Where can you find employment after graduating?
- State administration, departments of territorial planning, departments of the environment and of agriculture.
- Companies specializing in audits and certifications in the field of environment and ecological management
- Firms dealing with water management and power-plant issues
- Other private companies relating to the environment
- Crisis management bodies on he level of municipalities with extended powers, regions or bodies with nationwide powers
Form of study: full-time